Modifying Park Land

All individual citizens or groups who wish to donate labor and/or Materials for the purpose of improving or altering a parkland situated in the Town of Hyde Park, or add structures to park property, shall submit an application for approval to the Hyde Park Recreation department which is entrusted with the oversight of town parks. 

Review & Approve

The Town of Hyde Park Recreation Commission and the Town Board will be required to review and approve, with conditions (i.e. contract), all proposed projects by private citizens to make such modifications. This includes but is not limited to:

  • Altering existing shrubbery, trees, and vegetation
  • Adding fencing
  • Structures such as:
    • Monuments
    • Picnic Tables
    • Signage
    • Trails
    • Utility Sheds
    • Storage Buildings


The application (PDF) shall state the name of the park and project, outline the extent of all changes and additions to said park or property, include a plan graphic showing the location and size, and list any and all features that may impact the natural setting of the park. In addition provisions for funding and maintenance will be required if applicable

The application must be made, in writing, to the Town Recreation Department, and upon approval, will be forwarded to the Hyde Park Town Board for its review and approval. All subsequent alterations beyond the scope of the original project shall require a new application resulting in a new review and approval.