The Library contains papers from all of Roosevelt's political offices:
- New York state senator (1910-13)
- Assistant secretary of the Navy (1913-19)
- Governor of New York (1929-32)
- President of the United States (1933-45)
The library contains his private collections of papers, books, and memorabilia on the history of the U.S. Navy and Dutchess County, New York. In keeping with Roosevelt's wishes, the Library also contains the papers of Eleanor Roosevelt.
Location of the Library
Built on land donated by Franklin D. Roosevelt and his mother, Sara Delano Roosevelt with privately donated funds of $376,000, the Library was donated to the federal government on July 4, 1940.
View the following websites for more information.